12 Feb Transport Advisor – Leamington Spa – Up to £22,000
A great opportunity has arisen for a bright graduate to join the Freight Transport Association as a Transport Advisor. The role will see you responding to member enquires, giving advice and guidance to all members.
About the Company
The Freight Transport Association is one of the UK’s largest trade associations and represents the transport interests of companies moving goods by road, rail, sea and air.
The Transport Advisor team have specialist knowledge on the legal elements of the transport sector. You will be given specific training throughout your time working in the role, as it is a specialist position within the business.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level, have excellent communication skills, and a very strong telephone manner.
About the Role
The main duties are responsibilities for the role are:
- Respond to member enquiries on road transport compliance and operation within established performance criteria. These enquiries could be received and dealt with by phone, fax, letter, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge of transport law and operational matters, as well as health and safety matters.
- Undertake research to answer queries whether by using specialist manuals, official documents or liaison with colleagues in Tunbridge Wells, the regions and outside agencies.
- Record the enquiries in order to maintain up-to-date membership records.
- Contribute to up-to-date maintenance of Specialist Files and other information sources.
- Undertake editing and production of FTA publications and guides as required.
- Produce presentations and other compliance information material as required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Member Advice
Applicants must have
- The ability to understand and analyse legislation and information, demonstrating attention to detail regarding written material.
- An excellent telephone manner, able to build relationships and give the members confidence in the advice offered.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise their responses
- Sound keyboard skills
- The ability to carry out presentations
- A clear writing style and an ability to demystify legal requirements.
- The ability to manage their time and identify opportunities
- The ability to develop their knowledge and skills
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com