Gradvert are passionate about addressing the imbalance that talent is distributed evenly but opportunity is not. That's why we work with organisations to help them ready themselves for the future of work by creating opportunities for people to learn and grow. We are looking to recruit an ambitious, driven and creative individual to join our Newcastle team, as Finance Accountant.
We help a wide range of companies, from British Athletics to Multiplex, by supporting them to strategically respond to the apprenticeship reforms and also put the development of new and existing staff at the heart of their business strategy.
What is unique about us is our genuine love of learning, and the deep relationships that we build with our clients who trust us to be authentic and to deliver their business needs.
Following recent growth and expansion, we are currently looking for a qualified part-time Finance Accountant (16-25 hours per week) to join the team.
About The Role
The successful candidate will work with the Director of Operations, and be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintaining Supplier and Client Records
- Controlling invoicing, payment and project reconciliation
- Credit control
- Cash flow forecasting
- Bank and petty cash reconciliation
- Company VAT returns
- Producing monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack and reports
- Preparation of annual financial planning
- Work with external auditors to produce annual accounts
- Advising and assisting Leadership Team with financial issues
- Ensuring financial best practice and compliance
- Developing and improving financial process and policy
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
- AAT / ACA / CA / ACCA qualified or equivalent. Consideration will also be given to part qualified candidates with relevant practice experience.
- A real desire to develop your technical skills working within a lively client focused environment.
- Calm, assertive, proactive and flexible approach, with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner.
- Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to challenges.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines.
- A competitive salary
- Company laptop
- Full development programme
- 28 days holiday, pro rate (including bank holidays), plus your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for flexible learning
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com